80 Day Obsession Approved Tex Mex White Chili
If you don’t know us by now you should know we have a deep love for tacos and all food Tex Mex/Mexican really! So today when we woke up and it was 50 degrees in June I instantly went CHILI!!! But my mindset is on Summer. So I went to Pinterest to see what I could find. After being severely disappointed with what I was finding and realizing not much is going to fit into my meal plan for 80 Day Obsession, I concocted an amazing chili recipe that brings all of my favorite things together: Tex Mex, Comfort Food, Summer. Best of all…this allows us to stay true to our goals, nourish our bodies, and feed our family a very healthy meal that didn’t cost a lot of money!
We hope you enjoy it too!
Tex Mex White Chili
- 2 1/4 cups diced grilled chicken breast
- 2 ears of corn, grilled
- 1 can Great Northern Beans
- 2 7oz cans of diced green chilies
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 5 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp salt
- 2tsp garlic powder
- 1/2tsp chili powder
- 1/4tsp cumin
- 1.5 cups plain Greek yogurt
- Drain and rinse beans. Remove corn from cobb.
- Put oil into pot. Add diced peppers and onions to pot. Cook until onions until translucent.
- Add cooked chicken, corn, beans, tomatoes with chilies, and chilies to pepper and onion mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Add spices and Greek Yogurt.
- Simmer for one hour on low heat.
- Divide into 5 equal parts (about 2 cups of chili per serving).
This was so filling and tasted amazing! Just a little spice and a lot of flavor. It was exactly what I needed on this cool day in Buffalo!
For 80 Day Obsession/21 Day Fix/Portion Fix Meal Plans:
About 2 cups equals 1 Red; 1 Green; 1 Yellow; and 1 teaspoon
Want to get started with us on your health and fitness journey but not sure where to start? Learn how to eat for YOU by joining Fit U today!