Buffalo Chicken Burger
Today we went on a little family field trip. On our way home we passed by a place that had the first Chicken Finger Sub!!! Before we started on this clean eating journey it was one of our favorites and go to meals. Passing that sign brought back some old feel good feels and naturally what did we want? A chicken finger sub…instead we decided to recreate it to be healthier, to fit into our containers, and food plans! I am soo glad we did because it was delicious. Even our teen loved them! Check out how we created them below…
2lbs ground chicken breast
1 carrot shredded
1 celery stalk diced
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp parsley
1 1/2 cups Franks Hot Sauce (or your choice of hot sauce)
blue cheese crumbles
whole grain, whole wheat, or gluten free buns
- Throw all ingredients in bowl and mix together with gloved hands.
- Shape mixture into burger patties (we made 6)
- Grill patties until cooked through.
- Top each patty with 2 Tbsp of blue cheese crumbles and cook for another minute until cheese is slightly melted.
- Remove burgers from grill and place on buns. Top with mixed greens and additional hot sauce to taste.
Container Equivalents=1 red, 2 yellow, 1/2 green, 1/2 blue